The Wort Hotel has made a commitment to sustainable travel by participating in a pilot program offered by Sustainable Travel International (STI).
For this pilot program we have partnered with the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce and Arctos Bird, a historic hotel in Banff. This rigorous and comprehensive Eco-Certification program by Sustainable Travel International will take us through their STEP (Sustainable Tourism Eco Certification Program) allowing us to achieve the highest standards in sustainable tourism. All of their standards are aligned with the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria and have been developed transparently in collaboration with the travel and tourism industry. The Eco-certification process is designed to assist travel providers in mitigating their negative environmental, economic, and socio-cultural impacts and maximizing the benefits they provide to the environment, local and indigenous people and their communities.
To learn more about STI, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing education and outreach services to help travelers and destination resorts support environmental conservation and protect cultural heritage while promoting cross-cultural understanding and economic development, go to their website at www.sustainabletravel.com.
Find a Room
The Wort Hotel is committed to preserving our legacy, by partnering with service, non-profit and local organizations to ensure a thriving, healthy community.
- Jackson Town Clean-Up (Pictured above)
- Habitat for Humanity
- International Pedigree Stage Stop Sled Dog Race
- Relay for Life
- Fall Arts Festival
- Old West Days
- The Wort Hotel is a Jackson Hole RRR Business Leader, meaning it performs responsible reduce, reuse, recycling practices including:
- Recycling of glass & plastic bottles, aluminum cans, magazines, newspapers, cardboard and soap
- Installing CFLs in public spaces
- Switching from chemical to natural cleaners
- Using natural fiber, biodegradable products
- Instituting a paper-free in-house communication system
- Providing recycling for guest rooms
- Using refillable shampoo/conditioner/lotion bottles in guest rooms
- Providing a pitcher for water in guest rooms rather than disposable bottles