Where to Stay in Jackson Hole
The Wort Hotel – The Wort Hotel is right in the middle of the action in downtown Jackson Hole. Located just a block from the Town Square, The Wort is only steps away from the best dining, shops, galleries and nightlife. Read more about things to do within walking distance of the Wort right here.
The Wort is also home to the Silver Dollar Bar where we are sure you and the girls will find yourself on most nights.
5 Great Places to Eat
1. Persephone Bakery - This is a must visit for breakfast or lunch. The bakery has been a longtime local favorite for French-style pastries, coffee, and sweets.
2. Bin22 - Jackson Hole's premier wine bar. Bin22 offers a small wine shop and grocer experience commonly found in Italy. There is a small “family style” restaurant located in the back of the wine shop and this is the ideal place to catch up over a bottle of rosé and their house-pulled mozzarella.
3. Glorietta - An Italian Trattoria with specialty handmade pasta, delicious crafted cocktails and an impressive wine list focusing on Italian wines. The second you walk in, you feel welcomed, warm and cozy.
4. King Sushi - The place for sushi in Jackson Hole. Located in a cute little historic cabin in downtown Jackson, King Sushi features happy hour specials, hand rolls, sashimi and all prepared with the freshest ingredients.
5. Snake River Grill - The locals’ favorite fine dining experience, featuring 300 wines, signature cocktails and fresh, uniquely-crafted New American cuisine. This place books up fast, so be sure to make your reservation pretty far in advance.
3 Top Places for Drinks in Jackson Hole
1. Silver Dollar Bar - Located inside The Wort Hotel, the Silver Dollar is a great place to grab a seat at the bar and enjoy live music. We recommend ordering a Bartender’s Margarita and watching the dancers twirling and 2-stepping all over the dance floor. Maybe you and the girls will join in.
2. Million Dollar Cowboy Bar - This is one location you cannot miss. The famous Million Dollar Cowboy Bar is an iconic western honky-tonk complete with genuine saddle bar stools. The Cowboy Bar also has live music and a dance floor filled with people from all walks of life.
3. The Rose - For girls who want a craft, New York style cocktail we recommend the Rose. You will not be disappointed with these exceptional cocktails.
What to do in Jackson Hole in Winter
1. Snowmobiling - There are many great areas for snowmobiling in the area, including Yellowstone National Park, Togwotee Pass or Granite Hot Springs. Bonus- if you do a snowmobile trip to Granite you can enjoy a nice dip in the hot spring pool amongst towering spruce, fir and pine trees.
2. Elk Refuge Sleigh Ride - Jackson is lucky to have an Elk Refuge just minutes outside of downtown Jackson. The National Elk Refuge is home to over 1,000 elk and other various wildlife. You can take an hour-long sleigh ride on the refuge and learn all about Jackson Hole and the elk that inhabit the area.
For more ideas on what to do in winter in Jackson Hole, check out our winter activities blog!
What to do in Summer
1. Hike - Hiking in Jackson Hole is hard to beat, from river walks to boulder scrambles to mountain panoramas. We can help you choose from the area's best hikes and clue you in on what to know before you go, or if you are unfamiliar with the area, we can set you up with a hiking guide.
2. Snake River Float Trip - Rafting is a very popular summer activity among groups. You have the option to do an 8-mile whitewater rafting trip down the Snake River or choose to do a scenic float. A popular option for groups is a sunset scenic float through Grand Teton National Park.
3. Horseback Riding - No trip to Jackson Hole is complete without embracing the Cowboy States’ favorite pastime, horseback riding. With many outfitters around the valley, Jackson Hole is a great place for passionate riders and for those who are wanting to experience a horseback ride for the first time.
3 Great Places to Shop in Jackson Hole
1. Made - The best place to get a souvenir from your trip. With handmade items from more than 360 American artists, shoppers can be sure that quality and care have been put into every item–from jewelry and pottery to leather goods and glassware.
2. Beaver Creek Hats & Leather - Want to look like a local? Visit Beaver Creek for fine Western apparel including cowboy hats and boots, coats, handmade belts, turquoise jewelry and buckles.
3. CocoLove - Owned and operated by Master Chocolatier Oscar Ortega and features world-class pastries, artisan chocolates, desserts and award-winning gelato. His shop is conveniently located across the street from The Wort Hotel, if you happen to get a late night sugar craving!