Where to Stay in Jackson Hole
The Wort Hotel – The Wort Hotel is right in the middle of the action in downtown Jackson Hole. Located just a block from the Town Square, The Wort is only steps away from the best dining and nightlife, including their own Silver Dollar Bar where we are sure you'll find yourself on most nights.
Dining and Drinks
1. Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse - This is a Jackson Hole experience you can’t miss. Features traditional Steakhouse fare, with choice cuts of meats, seafood as well as an extensive cocktail and wine list. Located downstairs from the iconic Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, is open daily for lunch and dinner. With key designed elements from the bar upstairs utilized throughout the restaurant, the Steakhouse celebrates the lore and history of the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. The walls tell the story of the legendary bar.
2. Local Breweries – Jackson Hole is home to 3 breweries, and all are a short walk from Town Square. All locations have great food, and we would highly recommend doing a “bar crawl” to visit all 3 of them.
3. Silver Dollar Bar - Located inside The Wort Hotel, the Silver Dollar is a great place to grab a seat at the bar and enjoy live music. We recommend ordering a Bartender’s Margarita and enjoy the people watching including the dancers twirling and 2-stepping all over the dance floor.
4. Million Dollar Cowboy Bar - This is one location you cannot miss. The famous Million Dollar Cowboy Bar is an iconic western honky-tonk complete with genuine saddle bar stools. The Cowboy Bar also has live music and a dance floor.
1. Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is located 20 minutes away from the hotel. We provide a ski shuttle that departs in the morning and returns in the afternoon. Once you call it a day, be sure to grab a drink at the favorite après ski bar at the base of the mountain, the Mangy Moose.
2. Snowmobiling - There are many great areas for snowmobiling in the area, including Yellowstone National Park, Togwotee Pass or Granite Hot Springs. Bonus- if you do a snowmobile trip to Granite you can enjoy a nice dip in the hot spring pool amongst towering spruce, fir and pine trees.
3. Snake River Float Trip - Rafting is a very popular summer activity. You have the option to do an 8-mile whitewater rafting trip down the Snake River or choose to do a scenic float.
4. Jackson Hole Shooting Experience – What is a more manly activity than shooting a bunch of guns for fun? The Jackson Hole Shooting Experience offers a safe, fun, and educational multi-gun shooting experience that will build memories, making your vacation a huge success. Your experience can be completely customizable with a huge selection of over 60 guns.
5. Fly Fishing – What is better than floating down a beautiful river learning a new skill? Once you catch our native fine-spotted cutthroat trout, you will be hooked. The friendly and experienced guides are great at instructing and getting you onto fish, while also keeping you safe.
For more ideas on what to do in winter in Jackson Hole, check out our winter activities blog